I have been a freelance translator since 2007, serving law firms, companies and translation agencies on both sides of the Atlantic. I am based in Arizona. During my career as a translator, I also taught French classes in the private sector. Prior to translating, I held several positions:
- Consultant and functional analyst for seven years in the banking software industry with the former FICS/S1 Corporation (later acquired by ACI Worldwide, Inc.), Brussels, Belgium
- Associate for two years in the Credit Department of JP Morgan Bank (later acquired by Bank of New York), Brussels, Belgium
- On-site translator on a contract basis for nine months with Manpower, Brussels, Belgium
I hold a Master’s in Translation from the Faculty of Translation and Interpretation – EII School of International Interpreters at the University of Mons, Belgium, where I graduated cum laude. The primary languages that I studied were English and Danish, with Swedish as my secondary language. I also earned a post-graduate degree in economics from the Catholic University of Leuven, New Leuven, Belgium. Since launching my career as a freelance translator, I have continued to pursue independent learning in my areas of specialization— contract law, data protection, Canadian securities, finance and accounting.
I gave several conferences for freelance translators:
- The General Data Protection Regulation (annual conference of the American Translators Association, 2018, New Orleans)
- Confidentiality and Security Requirements for the Global Translator (annual conference of the American Translators Association in New Orleans, 2019, Palm Springs)
- Cybersecurity (annual conference of the American Translators Association in New Orleans, 2020, online event)
I am a member of the American Translators Association (ATA) and of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP). I am also a Certified Privacy Professional for Europe (CIPP/E).
Would you like more information? Please feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn or request a copy of my CV.